Apply for HomeHelpMN now
HomeHelpMN is offered through Minnesota Housing to help if you have fallen behind on your mortgage or other housing-related expenses due to the pandemic. Whether it’s providing financial assistance or guiding you to trusted resources, we want you to get the help you need, at the time you need it most.
Get help with your overdue mortgage paymentsIf you are behind on your house payments, you may qualify for financial assistance to reinstate your mortgage.
Get help with other past-due expensesYou may be having a difficult time keeping up with housing-related expenses like property taxes, insurance, association fees or lot rent. We might be able to help with these expenses.
Find resources to avoid foreclosure
To find other available options, talk to a trusted mortgage advisor. Visit the Resources page to learn more.
Application Period: May 17 – June 17 at 5:00 p.m.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted. In the event of high demand for funds, the funds may be fully allocated before the date the application period closes. Homeowners are encouraged to submit their applications early in the application period. If applications received during the application period exceed available funding, applicants may be put on a wait list. A submitted application is not a guarantee of funding availability.
Start by downloading the Get Ready checklist
To be eligible for HomeHelpMN assistance you must:
- Own a home in Minnesota and live in it as your primary residence
- Your income must be below income limits noted here
- Have experienced a financial hardship after January 21, 2020
- Have past-due expenses in one or more expense categories covered by the program
Visit the frequently asked questions page for more information about eligibility.
Homeowners may be eligible for up to $35,000
- Assistance is used for past-due expenses only
- Funds will be paid directly to the debt holder, mortgage servicer or county
- Assistance does not need to be paid back
- Eligible uses include: mortgage payments, contract for deed payments, manufactured housing loan, property taxes, property insurance, homeowner or condo association fees, manufactured home lot rent
- Utility expenses are not eligible under this program—help with heat, power and water costs can be found through the Energy Assistance Program or by calling 800-657-3710 (press 1)